Today I was able to complete a small bathroom project that I’d been meaning to work on for months now. We have a really cool stone planter in our master bathroom but it was looking really boring. So, a few weekends ago we went to the Succulents sale at Zilker Botanical Gardens and bought a few really cool succulents for use indoors. Then, we took the piece of driftwood that was in the planter and sprayed it with a clear glossy coat to bring out the wood. Got some new soil specifically for cactus and succulents at the Home Depot, and today I planted the new succulents, placed the driftwood, and also added some shiny river rocks and a few random mineral gemstones to complete it.
Here is a shot of what it looked like before:
I don’t have any pretty photos to share right now, as we’re at the stage where everything is pretty ugly However, I wanted to write a quick update. We should be making a ton of progress in the next few weeks. We just finished the majority of the electrical work and there are just a few loose ends to tie up on that. Next, we have a few small framing projects, which should take less than a day, removal of the existing drywall and insulation in the sunken living room, entry, hallway, office, dining, and kitchen, then we’re onto new windows in those areas courtesy of Ringer Windows, new insulation in the outside walls and the high ceiling in the sunken living, and then new drywall! Once we have all that complete we’ll finally, finally be ready to get the kitchen cabinets in! It’s been a long haul but we can almost, almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. All of my favorite parts come after this – the part where the design comes in and where we start to see the kitchen and all the design elements come together!